Top 5 Reasons For Spaying Or Neutering
Schedule Spay & Neuter Appointment
We are now accepting new surgery appointment requests. We are currently operating by curb-side appointment only . We are not accepting any walk ins at this time. All surgeries must have an appointment scheduled prior to the surgery date.
We require an up to date rabies vaccination in order to perform surgery. If proof of a current rabies vaccine is not provided then one will be administered at a $10 charge. A Rabies certificate must be submitted. A Rabies tag is not considered proof of vaccination.
Please contact us prior to your appointment if your pet is 7 years of age or older, if your pet has a history of seizures, vaccination reactions, or if they have any other health concerns.
How To Access Free Spay And Neuter Vouchers Near Me
There are many sites where you can avail coupons and zip codes for spay cat near me. You can avail the coupon by clicking on the link and can get access to it when the need will arise. Many organizations even provide you with discount rates on your upcoming visit. You have to acquire information from such clinics before booking an appointment.
Don’t Miss: Blue Fit And Healthy Cat Food
Cat Spay Or Neutering In Norman
Cat neutering refers to the abstraction of the testicles of a male cat so that he cannot impregnate a female cat. Our veterinary surgeon can effectively and accurately Perform Cat Neutering Surgery. Spaying a cat refers to the removal of portions of the reproductive system of a female cat so she cannot get pregnant and give birth to litters. Cat spaying is a surgical method that our veterinary surgeon can efficiently and safely perform. We urge spaying and neutering between 4-6 months of age. If you are not sure when to Neuter A Cat, please consult VIP Pet Hospital Norman’s veterinarian at your following visit.
Is The Spay/neuter Surgery For My Cat/dog Free
- The surgery is not free. However, many places have very low-cost surgeries, especially for people with low income. Some programs and clinics are open to all regardless of income. Each program is different, and we have about 2,000 programs nationwide. We try to match you with the most appropriate and nearest clinic or veterinarian. Clients are required to pay the veterinarian at the time of surgery.
You May Like: How To Stop Cat Scratching Door To Get In
Nhs Spay & Neuter Center
The Nebraska Humane Society Spay & Neuter Center is dedicated to providing you and your pet with affordable, high-quality spay and neuter services. Our center is staffed with highly-trained, caring individuals who will treat you and your pet with the utmost care and respect. Due to Covid-19 we do have some social distancing procedures to follow so check in and check out may take a bit longer. We appreciate your patience!
How Much Will The Spay/neuter Surgery Cost
- Prices vary by region and veterinarian. The price for vaccinations, which are often required will also vary by region and veterinarian. However, they are usually offered at a reduced rate. If you have researched the going rate for spay/neuter surgery in your area, we think you will find that our participating vets and programs offer affordable rates!
You May Like: Can You Bathe A Cat With Dawn
When Should I Neuter
Kittens should be neutered at 4 months , which is the age they become sexually active. Leaving it later often results in un-planned pregnancies. The old idea of neutering at 6 months is now considered outdated, and 4 months is becoming the ‘norm’. Research has shown that there are no adverse risks to spaying at this age, and that recovery times from the operation can in fact be quicker. Adult cats who were not neutered as kittens, can be neutered at any age.Neutering / spaying at 4 months is recommended by the British Veterinary Association, and supported by the British Small Animal Veterinary Association, and the major animal welfare groups – Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, the Blue Cross, Cats Protection, Celia Hammond Animal Trust, International Cat Care, PDSA, the Mayhew Animal Home, RSPCA and Wood Green, the Animal Charity. There is a wealth of clinical and welfare evidence supporting four month neutering – you can read a summary here: . Neutering at four months has been common in Australia, New Zealand and the USA for many years.Some vets in the UK still delay neutering until a cat is six months old but this is only because that’s what they have done for years. The current recommendation to neuter at four months is rapidly becoming general practise, and an increasing number of vets are adopting the new guidelines. Vets practices who are already neutering at 4 months appear on Cats Protection’s Kitten Neutering Vet Database
Where Can I Get My Cats Spayed For Free
You can get your cat spayed for free by checking in the low-cost neuter near me. There are many clinics that provide people with a low-cost program that results in high-quality treatment. However, if you want a fully authorized and certified free or low-cost spay and neuter clinic, you can ASPCAs free and low-cost spay/neuter database as the database will provide you with a full list of clinics near you that are free of cost or have low-cost fixtures for the treatment.
The database stresses on the clinics that cover the New York region as well as regions adjacent to them. The clinics mentioned in the database are affordable yet comprehensive and detailed which will provide you with full-fledged programs dedicated to providing healthcare to cats.
Also Check: 9 Months Old Cat In Human Years
No Cost Spay & Neuter Program
All previously scheduled appointments for this program are now canceled, and indefinitely postponed. If you have any questions please contact 311.
We offer a No Cost Spay/Neuter Program which provides free spay and neuter surgery for companion cats and dogs of eligible low income Calgarians. This program is not available for breeders. All applications for this program are referred through The Citys Fair Entry Program.
Spay And Neuter Helps Pets Live Longer Healthier Lives
There are many good reasons to spay and neuter. The best reason is to reduce pet overpopulation. There are too many pets and not enough homes. Other reasons to spay and neuter:
- Spayed and neutered pets enjoy a 14 to 26 percent increase in lifespan over intacct animals.
- Neutering male cats and dogs decreases urine odor and marking behaviors.
- Neutering male cats and dogs decreases the tendency of roaming.
- Spay surgery eliminates messy heat cycles.
- Spaying and neutering decreases the risk of dog bites due to decreased roaming.
- Spaying and neutering pets decreases behavioral problems.
- Spaying and neutering reduces the number of pets killed in shelters.
Also Check: Blue Buffalo Basics Grain Free Review
How To Take Care Of Your Pets Post
Following neuter or spay surgery at Petco, your pet will need time to recover. This helps them avoid complications that can require further treatment. Here are some tips to help your cat or dog through their recovery period:
- Make sure your cat or dog refrains from strenuous activityincluding running and jumping for at least two weeks or for as long as instructed by your veterinarian.
- Find your pet a quiet place indoors to rest, free of other animals that can cause distractions or excitement.
- Avoid bathing your pet for at least 10 days following the operation.
- Check the incision and stitches daily to ensure that the incision is healing and not infected.
- Prevent your cat or dog from licking the incision, as this can cause infection. You veterinarian may recommend using a recovery cone.
- Follow any instructions on administering medication or other at-home care from your veterinarian.
If you see any redness, swelling, discharge, popped stitches or an open wound, or notice any lethargy, decreased appetite or diarrhea, you should contact your veterinarian immediately.
Benefits Of Neutering Your Cat:
Similarly to spaying, neutering holds many beneficial points for both the owner and the cat.
- Male cats urinate on areas to leave their mark which works like a marking habit for them. Neutralizing your cat will eradicate the chances of spraying urination. In other words, it will reduce their marking habits.
- Neutral using your cat means eliminating the serious threat of testicular cancer.
- Neutering can lead to freedom from the illness of hyperplasia of the prostate gland along with perineal hernias.
- Most of the time, cats exhibit behavioral issues stemming from sexual distress. Neutering a cat will put an end to such distress issuing from sexual need.
- Most of the time cats roam here and there in search of their mating partner. By removing their glands, you can put an end to it.
Similar to the cats who had been spayed, those cats who have been neutralized dont feel sexually frustrated. Many times the cats are not permitted to mate because of health-related and behavioral threats but neutralizing them by free cat neuter near me can decrease the chances of such a crisis arising.
Don’t Miss: How Much Food Should A Cat Eat Per Day
Benefits Of Spaying Your Cat:
There are many benefits of neutralizing or spaying your cat. All these reasons are enough to opt for a spaying method as it will lead to a healthy lifestyle for your cat.
- Many times your cat might attract unwanted attention from other male cats. By spaying your cat, you will reduce the chances of your cat getting unwanted pregnancy.
- Spaying eradicates the chances of showing rancid behavior your cat might show during the time of mating. When cats desire to mate, they yawl, cry in pain, and pee all over the place as an indication. Their desire to mate can be neutralized by spaying.
- Spaying eradicates the chances of them from developing breast cancer before the first heat of mating is sensed.
- Pyometra is a type of infection that spreads in the uterus. The treatment is expensive and can even be life-threatening for the cats. Spaying eliminates the chances of your cat ever contacting the pyometra infection.
Spaying or neutralizing your cat doesnt indicate that your cat will be sexually frustrated. It only indicates that their sexual urge will be suppressed as their estrogen receptor will be removed by the procedure. They can focus on their own being more than having to focus on reproduction. You can find a free cat spaying near me in order to get this procedure done.
Free Neutering Vouchers For Cats And Dogs
HOW IT WORKS
Start by clicking ‘GET FREEBIE’. Getting your female pet neutered in one of the kindest things you can do. It protects cat and dog health against potential deadly diseases and stops unwanted pregnancies.
To be eligible to receive your voucher, you must be on benefits or earning less than £20,000 income per year. Once you get your voucher you can use it at any vet clinic to pay towards the cost of spaying your pet.
WHAT YOU GET
A Blue Cross Discount Voucher worth £50. Just decide whether you want a cat or dog neutering voucher and check if you’re eligible. But be quick because Blue Cross only have 2,000 discount vouchers to give away.
If the vouchers are not available when you click, please sign-up to Pet Points email newsletter and you’ll get notified when they are back in stock.
Recommended Reading: Is 11 Old For A Cat
What It Means To Spay Or Neuter Your Cat
Spay means to surgically remove the ovaries of a female animal and neuter means to castrate a male animal, thereby making it impossible for them to reproduce. This process is sometimes referred to as fixing or sterilizing as well. It is a very safe, common procedure and vital to controlling the animal population in our community.
Why Should I Neuter
Neutering is the kindest thing a caring owner can do to protect their cat. A female kitten can get pregnant while shes still a kitten herself, so should be spayed at four months to protect her from an unplanned pregnancy. Around 85% of litters are un-planned! Neutering your male kitten will help keep him safe – ensuring that he doesn’t get into constant fights over females, and also that he doesn’t feel the urge to wander off in search of a mate. It’s all too common for un-neutered males to get lost or killed on the roads, because they haven’t been neutered.
Neutering also helps the general cat population the less un-planned litters there are, the more homes are available for the many cats and kittens in rescue shelters. A simple ‘snip’ really does show you care!
You May Like: Blue Buffalo Can Cat Food
What Is The Surgery
- Spaying is the term used for female animals and the surgical removal of the ovaries and uterus.
- Neutering is the term used for male animals and is the surgical removal of the testicles.
- Fixing your pet is another term for spaying/neutering.
- Your female pet should be spayed before her first heat cyclewhich commonly occurs at 5 to 6 months. However, it is never too late to spay or neuter your pet.
- Spaying or neutering your pet is a very safe procedure. Call us for an appointment today at .
An Opportunity To Do The Right Thing
Get your dog or cat spayed or neutered today. Take advantage of our high-quality low-cost spay-neuter services. You must be a low-income household to qualify for our services. All you have to do is show proof of income such as tax return, Vision card or other proof of lowincome status.
Making the right thing affordable
If these fees are outside your means, ask us about any current grants we may have available to help out. Well work with you to make it possible.
Spay or Neuter*
You May Like: Is Thieves Safe For Dogs
Spay And Neuter Resources
The following animal welfare non-profit agencies have spay/neuter clinics and offer a variety of low-cost options for qualified low-income clients. Please contact the clinic for details on rates, other services, or to make an appointment.
4001 198th St SW, Suite 3, Lynnwood, WA 98036425.673.CATS
13132 NE 177th Place Woodinville WA 98072425.488.4444 x4010
31300 Brandstrom Rd., Stanwood, WA 98292360.629.7055
PO Box 171, Sultan, WA 98294360.793.9393
15305 44th Avenue West, Lynnwood, WA 98087425.787.2500 x820Qualified low-income only. Further reduced price for pit bulls.By appointment only.
2061 15th Ave. W, Seattle, WA 98119206.386.4260
13212 SE Eastgate Wy., Bellevue, WA 98005425.641.0800
People Saving PetsAn on-line, searchable database comprised of low-cost, spay/neuter providers . Individuals looking for affordable and close by spay/neuter options can search by city, state, or zip and search in a 50 mile radius. The database is updated regularly.
Good For You Eliminate Annoying Behavior Problems
- Neutered male cats are significantly less likely to spray or wander in search of females.
- Female dogs or cats in heat can cry incessantly, act nervous and attract males from all around. Spaying eliminates the heat cycle.
- Animals that have been spayed/neutered are less likely to bite, roam or get into fights.
Visit the ASPCA website and learn more reasons to spay/neuter your pet.
Also Check: Blue Wilderness Dry Cat Food
Subsidized Spay And Neuter Assistance Program
Low income families can apply for the SNAP program to get their cats, dogs or rabbits spayed or neutered for a discounted rate.
SNAP is open to low income families and individuals. The program is based on:
How many family members reside in the household
The total gross earnings for spouses, partners, and/or guardians combined
If the family is on Social Assistance they automatically qualify, but must provide their 6 digit case number.
There are many ways to qualify, so e-mail: to see if you do .
You will be required to provide proof of household income or proof of social assistance in order to participate in SNAP.
We recommend that your pet be spayed/neutered any time after the age of four months and ideally before the first heat.
Subsidized spay and neuter surgeries are also available for dogs and rabbits living outside of Winnipeg. While not part off the SNAP program, out of Winnipeg participants may qualify for spay and neuter surgeries according to their household income.
SNAP Fees within the City of Winnipeg*:Dog Spay: $115