Why Should You Adopt
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you’ll have a friend for life.
What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder?
When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes.
So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.
Lost Dog Now Home Because He Was Microchipped
Have your pet microchipped
Adopting a dog?Virginia law says that we have to keep a dog for 5 days so that the owner can claim it before we can put the dog up for adoption. If you are interested in a particular dog before its available date please contact us. We would like a dog to go to a new home or rescue as soon as possible after its ‘available’ date.
Make sure that you are able to take your dog home on the day you adopt it. We will not keep a dog for you after its “available” day.
Other Cat Breeds To Check Out:
- Asian Cat
If you have never owned a Maine Coon before, or are interested in reading more information on these amazing cats, check out our Maine Coon Cat Breed Information page.
Our goal is to help you locate the perfect cat breeder near you one who is reputable, trustworthy, and honest. However, please keep in mind that while we have the largest cat breeder directory on the internet, we cannot personally vouch for any individual breeder that is listed here. Make sure you thoroughly check them out each cattery yourself to make sure they are ethical, honest, and raise healthy, happy kittens!
We are honored and privileged that you have chosen us to help you on your journey to cat ownership! In addition to visiting this website often, you can check us out on , , and for more information, pictures, and cute kitten videos!
- Are you a cat breeder who isnt listed? Add your information here.
We also highly recommend reading checking out our latest news articles at our blog. Find information on Cat health, nutrition, holistic healing, basic care, toys, and much more!
Also Check: Do Cats Like Artificial Grass
Bengal Cat Breeders In Virginia
If you live in Virginia and youre trying to adopt a Bengal kitten or Bengal cat, your best choice is to go to a Bengal breeder. These are people who specialize in this breed and really understand the personality traits and how to care for them. If youre hoping to find a Bengal cat at an animal shelter, youre out of luck. Bengal cats are an exotic breed and this makes it extremely unlikely one will ever end up there. Finding a Bengal cat breeder in Virginia can be difficult, but weve done all of the hard work for you. Weve spent hours researching to find all of the different Bengal cat breeders in Virginia and below you can see our list. Use the information below to research and feel free to contact the breeders if you have questions.
Maggie A Cat At The Fredericksburg Spca Has Raised Kittens Of Her Own Now She Is Looking For A Family To Join
FREDERICKSBURG, VA Maggie, a cat at the Fredericksburg SPCA, is now available for adoption. Maggie came to the shelter with her kittens, but now she is looking for a home of her own.
“Mama Maggie is a sweet, motherly soul who is snuggly and affectionate with all of the other kitties she meets at the SPCA,” a representative of the Fredericksburg SPCA said. “This could be because she was the mama of three babies when she arrived at our doors.”
Maggie’s kittens have grown up, and now she is looking for someone new to give her love to. As a very sociable cat, Maggie won’t hesitate to seek attention.
Also Check: How Old Should A Kitten Be To Get Fixed
How Can You Make Sure Your Lost Pet Is Found Again
We Reserve The Right To Refuse Any Adoption
- Dogs can be adopted out of state with the proper identification required , unless they have not been spayed/neutered, in which case they are restricted to residents of Spotsylvania and adjacent counties .
- To adopt a dog you must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must provide a picture ID with a current address at the time of the adoption.
- Each pet is required to be vaccinated for rabies within seven days of adoption, if it is four months of age or older. Rabies vaccination is required for each pet, upon turning four months of age.
- Every new owner of a pet adopted from Spotsylvania County Animal Shelter shall have the pet sterilized within thirty days of the pet turning six months of age, or within thirty days if the pet is over six months of age.
- Out of state adoptions must be spayed or neutered before leaving Virginia.
- Return of the proper paperwork is required within seven days of sterilization.
- State law requires that all dogs and cats be vaccinated for rabies.
- If you rent your home or land, you must have written permission with a telephone number to contact your landlord before the adoption takes place.
- Adopters must agree to comply with all state and local ordinances/laws governing animals.
- Animals are placed as household pets, not as guard dogs and mousers.
- NO animals adopted to persons having a history of losing, giving away, selling, turning in animals to shelter/s, or having animals injured or killed by moving vehicles/accidents.
You May Like: Healthy Gourmet Wet Cat Food
Maine Coon Kittens For Sale In Virginia
Thank you for visiting the Virginia Maine Coon Breeders page here at Local Kittens For Sale! Here at Local Kittens For Sale our goal is to help connect anyone who is interested in getting a specific breed of cat with a trustworthy and reputable breeder in their area.
Each “breed specific” state page has a complete list of all the local catteries and individual breeders that we have been able to locate in that state. We list contact information for you to use, as well as posting a link to their website, so you can quickly see what kittens they currently have available. All this information is provided so that YOU can research each breeder individually and find the one that has your perfect kitten available!
We always strongly encourage you to thoroughly check out each cat breeder you are interested in purchasing from before you make your final decision. With over 3,000 cat breeders listed on this website, we are the LARGEST breeder directory on the internet! However, that means we also rely on our visitors to inform us if any of our breeders listed fall short of being a reputable and trustworthy cat breeder.