Do Cats Prefer Open Or Closed Litter Boxes
Most cats prefer a clear view of their surroundings, so its best to opt for an open litter box. And since closed lids can trap smells, it may also make for an unpleasant environment for your pet. We like the open Natures Miracle High Sided Litter Box because its cheap, it has a low entryway but high sides that contain messes, and a smooth, easy-to-clean interior. You can read more about it in our guide to the best cat litter box.
Levoit Air Purifier For Home Large Bedroom H13 True Hepa Filter Air Cleaner For Pets Hair Dander Allergies Odors 9997% Removal Of 03 Microns Dust Smoke Mold Available For California Core P350
5 new from $119.45 as of February 27, 2022 11:21 am
- Neutralize Stinky Smells: Cute as they are, pets can smell sometimes. Now introducing Custom High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter – the effective odor eliminator for pet odors, litter box smells, and cooking smoke.
- Perfect for Pet Parents: Experiencing coughing, congestion, or breathing difficulties caused by pets. Levoit Core P350 provides H13 True HEPA Filtration to reduce sneezing, itchiness, and stuffy nose by purifying the air you breathe.
- Cleaner House: Did you know an air purifier can help you spend less time cleaning. It’s possible with P350. The fine Non-Woven Fabric Pre-Filter traps large floating particles such as pet fur, hair, dust, and lint, helping to reduce the amount of debris on your floor and furniture.
- Sleep Safe & Sound: Don’t ever worry about your furry friend being disturbed by the air purifier – Sleep Mode turns display indicators to half-brightness and keeps noise levels as low as 24dB, so you can sleep while cuddling with your cute little one.
- Safety First: Unlike other air purifiers, the Core P350 doesn’t use ions to purify the air, keeping your pets safe from harmful exposure to certain particles.
Is Clumping Litter Safe For Kittens
There are horror stories about cats eating clumping litter and having it form clumps inside their stomachs, but this isnt something most people need to worry about, said Medley. If your cat is eating litter, take them to the vet: It could be a sign of anemia or pica, the desire to eat things that are not food. Plus, in small quantities, sodium bentonite isnt dangerous for animalsits even an ingredient in some animal feed.
Some people are especially worried about kittens eating clumping litter, because kittens have smaller stomachs and may be more curious. Though some brands recommend using non-clumping litters until your kitten is 4 months old or so, others, like Cats Pride, note that theres no evidence that sodium bentonite has actually caused harm to a kitten this is a conclusion supported by vets Medley and Lund, as well as by everything we found when scanning the literature and reading many Internet forums. In my 7 years experience as a vet Ive not seen a foreign body from a kitten who has ingested clay clumping litter, said Lund. If youre concerned and would still like to use clumping clay litterI would!monitor your kittens behavior and check in with your vet if something seems amiss.
Recommended Reading: Suddenly Allergic To Cats
Purina Tidy Cats Free & Clean Clumping Cat Litter
Felines are often sensitive to dyes and fragrances that tend to affect humans, too. When pet parents need uncompromising odor control, in addition to a scent free formula, Tidy Cats Free & Clean Clumping Cat Litter is there to help. Activated charcoal stops odor at the source, backed by a 99.9% dust-free, strong clumping formula.
Your home will appreciate 10-day odor control for improved indoor air quality, regardless of how many cats live indoors. A small, dust-free particle also means less tracking throughout your household, for a more harmonious atmosphere. Purina Tidy Cats Free & Clean Clumping Cat Litter not only provides superior odor control, but all-around peace of mind for multi-cat homes.
Boxiecat Extra Strength Premium Clumping Cat Litter
$ as of February 27, 2022 1:46 pm
- VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED: Ranked best odor control in veterinary professional study
- ADVANCED PROBIOTIC-POWERED ODOR CONTROL: Stops odors before they start
- IDEAL FOR CATS ON A HIGH PROTEIN DIET: Multiple cats and cats with odor issues
- 99.9% DUST-FREE: New and improved Ultra low dust formula, ideal for allergies, hypo-allergenic
- 2X LONGER LASTING: Use less, save more
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories Per Day For Cat
The 6 Best Air Purifiers For Cat Litter Dust
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
Not all air purifiers are created equal, especially when it comes to cat litter dust. The trick is finding one that meets your needs, fits your style and doesnt break the bank.
Using an air purifier to clear out cat litter dust can make the air you breathe safe and clean but its hard to measure how well they work.
In this article we reviewed the best air purifiers for cat litter dust based on filter type, how well they remove particles and other features like fan settings.
What Makes A Good Dust Free Cat Litter
Avoid litters made from clay, which can also be labeled as bentonite, or sodium bentonite. Wood-based litters, particularly sawdust, can also be problematic. Here are a few things to look for when choosing the best dust free cat litter for your household.
- The size and weight of the granules make an enormous difference. Lighter grains and particles produce the most dust. Choose larger and denser pellets, grains, or particles. Bigger is always better with a dust-free cat litter.
- If you or your kitty has allergies or asthma, forgo the perfumed brands and buy a scent-free litter. They also label the best ones hypoallergenic or allergen-free. If you are worried about odor control, try sprinkling a thin layer of baking soda in the pans bottom.
- Natural litters are best. Look for cat litters made from newspaper, corn, or coconut. There are also some excellent litters made from tofu.
You May Like: Cats Allergic To Lavender
The Best Paper Cat Litter
Ãkocat’s Non-Clumping Paper Pellet Litter is the most absorbent of all paper litters we tested and produces virtually no dust.
Pros: Made of sustainably sourced paper pellets, free of dyes and synthetic chemicals, very little dust, biodegradable, pellets are soft and less than 1 inch long, unscented
Cons: Expensive, some cats do not like using a pellet-style litter
Paper litters, most of which come in the form of small, firm pellets, can be a good substrate solution for cats that suffer from respiratory problems. Of the five paper varieties we reviewed, Ãkocat’s Paper Pellet Litter performed best in my first round of testing. It absorbed liquid quickly and the paper pellets didn’t immediately fall apart.
Ãkocat’s pellets were also the softest and smallest of the paper litters we tested, making them more conducive to natural scratching, digging, and burying behaviors than brands with heavier, larger pellets.
This litter does not clump. Instead, the paper pellets absorb as much liquid as they can before falling apart and turning into a sort of mulch. Scooping is only necessary for solids.
The Type Of Litter Most Cats Prefer
While every cat can be different, studies have shown us that cats tend to have certain universal preferences when it comes to litter. Here are two things that we know generally about cats and their litter preferences:
- Smaller Litter Particles: Cats tend to prefer fine particle litters, as opposed to pellet and crystal-type ones. It makes sense, of course, given that cats were originally desert-dwelling animals that buried their waste in sand. Not to mention that a finer particle feels better on their paws. I mean, would you rather walk barefoot on a rocky beach, or a soft, white sandy one? Similarly, your cat will probably prefer fine particle, clumping clay litters.
- Odor Free: Cats tend to prefer unscented litters to scented ones. Your cats nose and sense of smell is quite a bit more fine-tuned than yours . So, to play it safe, you should resist the urge to get a scented litter, whether thats a flowery scent or any other kind. Opt for unscented litter instead. If youre worried an unscented litter will result in a wafting plume of kitty stink, dont worry here are 7 Ways to Reduce Litter Box Smell .
Also Check: Cat Licks Himself When I Scratch His Back
Petsradar’s Pick Of The Best Cat Litter
- Best overall cat litter: Worlds Best Cat Litter Clumping Formula
- Best budget cat litter: Dr Elseys Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Clay Cat Litter
- Best cat litter for odor control: Ever Clean Extra Strong Unscented Cat Litter
- Best flushable cat litter:ökocat Natural Wood Clumping Cat Litter
- Best cat litter for asthmatic felines: PURINA Yesterday’s News Odor Control, Lightweight, Unscented Paper Cat Litter
- Best crystal cat litter: PetSafe ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box Tray Refill
- Best cat litter for multi-cat households: Arm & Hammer Platinum Slide
- Best environmentally-friendly cat litter: Pettex Pampuss Woodbase Cat Litter
Lets face it, branding yourself as the Worlds Best Cat Litter pretty much made the gold medal win a fait accompli for this powerhouse of a product. And while the name may seem like the brand was being a teeny-tiny bit over confident, thousands of reviewers agree that cat litter doesnt come any better than this.
The biodegradable formula made from all-natural, renewable corn granules works by turning waste into small clumps that can be easily scooped out without sticking to the sides or bottom of your cats litter tray.
It also contains natural odor absorbing additives, which is great if you have an indoor cat and are worried about filling your home with your least favorite eau de parfum scent.
While Ever Clean has come up with a litter thats close to perfect when it comes to odor-control, the price may be a sticking point for some.
Best Cat Litter Of 2021
If youre a cat owner, you already know that shopping for cat litter can be a delicate situation. Pick the wrong one, and your cat may wind up answering natures call all over your floor rather than in their litter box. So, lets avoid a cat-astrophe and choose one that will make you and your cat happy.
We rated five of the top cat litter brands and reviewed them based on materials, features, and customer opinion before determining the best litter for your cat. Our top pick was the Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Platinum Cat Litter.
5 Things to Consider Before Buying Cat Litter
You May Like: Zebra Plant Cats
What Can You Do To Minimize Litter Dust Cloud
The best answer is to switch to a less dusty kitty litter. But if you and your cat are brand loyal and wont switch, here are a few ways to lessen the impact of the dust.
- If possible, always refill the litter pan outdoors. Enclosed spaces make breathing harder. The dust will also float in the air and land on surfaces. Refilling the pan outside allows the breeze to carry dust particles away.
- Instead of pouring litter straight from the bag or box, consider using a scoop. This cuts down on the amount of dust produced considerably.
- If you must pour from the bag, hunch down close to the litter box. It will create less dust.
- Strain out smaller particles and loose dust with a sieve. Your cat wont be able to kick up as much dust when using its box.
- Every time you breathe in a dust cloud of cat litter, it gets into your lungs. A smart thing to do is wear a mask while cleaning and filling a litter box. It might seem like overkill, but your lungs will thank you.
Hamilton Beach Trueair Air Purifier With Permanent Hepa Filter For Home Or Office And For Allergies And Pets Whisper Quiet 3 Filtration Stages 140 Sq Ft White With Grey
3 new from $69.99 as of February 27, 2022 11:21 am
- 3 Filtration stages: Permanent true HEPA filter captures dander & airborne particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target pet odors plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High performance true Hepa grade filter: Captures 99.97 percent of pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and Mold/Mildew spores as small as 3 microns from the air
- Reduces odors: 2 Activated carbon zeolite filters help reduce unwanted household odors from pets, smoke, and more
- Quiet and powerful: Use whisper clean for extra quiet operation at night, the medium setting or the quick clean setting for more powerful air cleaning
- Easy to clean: Permanent Hepa filter can be vacuumed clean No replacement filters to buy
Also Check: Cat Squinting
Dr Elseys Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Clay Cat Litter
Dr. Elseys Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Clay Cat Litter is a 99.9% dust-free natural litter that does not irritate cats while breathing and also keeps your surfaces clean. Moreover, it is also hypo-allergenic which makes it perfect for cats as well as families who suffer from allergies.
Its hard clumping clay makes it the perfect clumping litter that helps prevent moisture. In addition to this, the medium-grain clay is an optimum balance between and comfort and effectiveness.
- Dust-Free Rating: 99.9%
Since it is specially formulated for multiple cats so it provides superior odor control keeps your home smelling clean and fresh day in and day out. It is also ideal for sifting & mechanical litter boxes which make it easier for you to dispose of the waste.
It is also easy to scoop and clean as it forms hard clumps that dont break down. Not to mention, it is also low tracking thus it wont stick with your cats paws or coat and wont create a mess in your house.
- 99.9% dust-free litter formula that does not irritates cats while breathing
- Forms hard clumps which makes it easy to clean
- The litter is not lightweight
Best Dust Free Cat Litter: Get The Dust And Funk Off Your Homes
Searching for the best dust free cat litter? In this article, we picked ten dust-free & low dust cat litter brands that seem to have stood out from the rest. Read our detailed reviews below.
Dont you just love cats? These cuddle-seeking, leg-rubbing, sweet-purring furry babies can be really endearing and they make awesome companions at home.
And theyre low-maintenance too. But we can all agree that our feline friends are not trouble-free and they can get pretty annoying sometimes.
Theres no bigger irritant however to housing cats than cleaning up the kitty litter tracks and dust that mess up our lovely homes.
Worse, if the cat litter fails to suppress the poop odor, it would be nearly impossible to ignore the nasty stench.
Here at FelineLiving.Net we have a dedicated mission to provide cat owners like you with well-researched information so they can provide the best care and nutrition to their cat.
Our readers rely upon the cat food reviews, articles and recall alerts that we research and publish. We also routinely update and review our own reviews ensuring that any changes by manufacturers are brought to your attention.
FelineLiving.Net is maintained by Mary Nielsen & her staff. Mary is an animal lover of both cats and dogs. She and her staff are passionate about animals and work hard to provide you with a wealth of information for you and your cat.
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories A Day For A Cat
Toppin Hepa Air Purifiers For Home
as of February 27, 2022 11:21 am
- Air purifier with fragrance sponge and night light function: add a few drops of essential oil to the sponge under the air outlet of the purifier, the aroma will diffuse with the air movement the air purifiers for home have a blue night light Function, long press the switch to turn on or off
- Multiple Filtration System: HPEA Air Purifiers for home with UV Light & 4 in 1 Nano-Silver Coating Filter clears out 95% of 0.3-micron airborne contaminants, reduces and & absorbs smoke & odors via the nano-silver coating and carbon layer, the UV light and the blue net keep the air clean around you.
- High Efficiency Air Purifiers for Bedroom: Light , small but mighty with large purification area covered. Perfect for quickly cleaning a wide range of contaminants including dust, pollen, pet dander, cooking and smoke odors in a certain space
- Quiet Operation & 3 Fan Speed: HEPA Air purifier runs at low noise level (
- Notes: 1. The adapter is stored in the middle of the filter element inside the air purifier 2. Please remove plastic packaging of new filter before running the air purifier 3. recommend replacing the filter at least once each 3 to 6 months, search “TOPPIN air filter” on Amazon to get a replacement filter 4. The UV lamps are invisible to the naked eye since direct exposure to eyes may cause injury and do not look directly at a UV lamp source, even briefly.