Faqs About Earthmoving Attachments
Are backhoe buckets interchangeable?
A lot of earthmoving equipment has universal adapter plates that will fit multiple attachments, but not many buckets will be interchangeable across manufacturers. One of the benefits of renting equipment from United Rentals is that we can attach our buckets to each of our backhoe models with no issue. If you know the make and model of the backhoe, you can look up compatible attachments online.
How many cubic yards can a backhoe bucket hold?
While we offer multiple backhoe buckets, typically each bucket can hold about 1.03 cubic yards of soil. Different buckets are available for multipurpose applications. Our largest backhoe bucket attachment is 24 inches and holds up to 4 cubic yards of soil.
Which skid steer auger bit should I use?
The best skid steer auger bit depends on the material you will be digging and how large and deep the holes you need to dig will be. The size or diameter of the bit will affect its rotation speed and torque. Smaller bits turn faster than larger-diameter bits, but larger-diameter bits have more torque. A faster, smaller-diameter bit will work well for digging cohesive soils like clay or granular soils like sand. For harder materials like asphalt, concrete, or frozen or compacted soils, a larger, higher torque bit will be ideal. However, a larger, powerful bit will dig larger, deeper holes. So, if you are working with loose soil but have a big job to do, choosing a mid-range diameter bit would be ideal.
Find The Right Mini Trencher For The Job
Do you have a project coming up that requires a reliable mini loader trencher attachment? Deep, quick and consistent trenching is a necessity on many projects, for everything from utility lines to irrigation systems to power and water lines. This small trencher from Digga is up to the task, offering peerless performance in any type of soil. The product is manufactured right here in Australia and match the highest standards for industry quality. The trencher pairs a Digga-made gearbox with an Eaton motor – a combination that delivers strong performance and complete reliability even in the toughest, rockiest soil.
Earthmoving Attachments For Rent
United Rentals offers a variety of skid steer attachment rentals and backhoe attachments, including mulching and , , , wheel compactors and plate compactors. These accessories are safer to use as attachments for ride-on equipment because you will be seated while you work. Safety first, efficiency always.
Customize your earthmoving equipment and increase productivity with these rental attachments for mini excavators, , , and . We offer larger sizes of for mini excavators to maximize your dig. We also offer compact backhoe buckets to reach narrower areas.
Dig up holes and clear land with auger bit and mulcher rental attachments for your skit steer. Attach a pipe carriage or a fork attachment to your wheel loader for multipurpose applications. Climb and cross rugged terrain to lift a load positioned in a tough spot with your telehandler fork. No matter the job, these tools will get it done!
Read Also: Blue Buffalo Wet
Choose The Cat Rental Store For All Your Skid Steer Attachments
The Cat Rental Store is your one-stop source for the best skid steer attachments available. With over 1,300 outlets in The Cat Rental Store network, you can quickly outfit your skid steer with the latest tools that let you capitalize on value-added projects.
Variety is what youll find at The Cat Rental Store. You get a wide selection of highly maintained equipment along with the knowledgeable service that makes sure your skid steer loader attachments are perfectly matched for your machine and the work youre undertaking. Quality and service are core principles with Caterpillar.
Contact The Cat Rental Store today for all your skid steer attachments. Call us at 1-800-RENT-CAT or drop by one of our convenient locations.
The Cat Rental Store
Skid Steer Trencher Attachment Maintenance Tips
Skid Steer Trencher Attachment Maintenance Tips from Paladin Construction and Bradco Attachments.
Skid steer trencher attachments are commonly thrown into the Ill get to that later pile because they have few moving components. However, a lack of regular maintenance and inspection will result in a significant lack of performance.
On average, it takes less than 30 minutes to learn all the proper maintenance and upkeep of a skid steer trenching attachment, says Dave Aldrich, dealer development and service manager for Bradco Attachments. While it doesnt take long to perform the actual maintenance checks, the importance is very high. Improper maintenance can cause excessive wear on ground contact parts, overheating of the machine, and costly bearing and headshaft damage to the trencher attachment that can be easily avoided.
Before You Start, Check The Basics. Before your trencher touches the dirt, match the tooth type and pattern with your soil type. Talk with your dealer or manufacturer representative about the soil type you will be digging into. Then, choose the proper teeth for your application:
– Cup: The most common teeth chosen for skid steer trencher attachments. Ideal for good digging applications like black dirt, loam, moist clay, sand and sandy clay.
– Shark: Ideal for rocky, abrasive or compact conditions like caliche.
– Frost: Ideal for the most extreme trenching applications like coral, frozen ground and fracturable rock.
Recommended Reading: Blue Buffalo Cat Food Price
Boxer 120 Dedicated Trencher
The Boxer 120 trencher takes gasoline-powered compact trenching equipment to the next level, boasting up to 740 ft-lbs of torque output for ample power in the toughest digging conditions. The 120 trencher features many class-leading characteristics not found on competitive units, says Boxer. In a world of walk-behind trenchers, the 120 trencher is designed as a ride-on unit, allowing better visibility to the trencher assembly and the job being completed. The 120 trencher is the only unit in its class to feature a planetary trencher drive and a spring-loaded trencher boom and standard crumber assembly. The 120 trencher is offered with a 6-in. wide combo chain and 24- or 36-in. bar options.
What Jobs Are Good For Skid Steer Loaders
Skid steer loaders reduce the need for shovels, wheel barrows, trenchers, and other hand tools. They allow you to get more work done in less time with a reduced risk of injury and significant increases in productivity. From shoveling dirt or mulch to cutting concrete, trenching for fiber optic lines, grabbing downed limbs, leveling building pads, or grading driveways, skidsteers do many jobs well: theyre a handy helper wherever you work!
Don’t Miss: Senior Cat Age Chart
The Benefits Of Digga Trenchers From Earthmoving Warehouse
As one of the leading manufacturers of earthmoving equipment in Australia and other regions around the world, Digga has an established reputation for quality. Knowing that the machinery you purchase can stand the test of time is one thing, but it needs to deliver ease of operation and good on-the-job versatility. Is that true for the Bigfoot? A look at the benefits this machine brings to the table makes it clear that the answer is a resounding “yes.”
- The Bigfoot features a cab-visible skid foot – no spotter required. Set the correct depth, then watch as the skid foot remains fully visible as you put the trencher into position. You now know precisely where you’re beginning, so there is no need to worry about trenching the wrong spot.
- A heavy-duty spoil auger and back feeding system to prevent overburden from dirtying the working side of the trench. The auger reliably spits out as much spoil as possible, aided by the spring-loaded crumber in the ground. The skid foot ensures overburden returns to a position where the auger captures it and deposits it away from the trench.
- This is a highly popular trench digger we have for sale for a good reason: its versatility makes it incredibly easy to fit different types of equipment. From tractors with enough horsepower to excavators of up to 4.5 tonnes in weight, the Bigfoot attaches to them all and delivers the same reliable performance in every situation.
Skid Steer Chain Trencher
One of Himacs most reliable and productive units, the Skid Steer Chain Trencher gets the job done clean and fast. This skid steer chain trencher offers a range of different chains and teeth that allow it to cut through various types of hard ground effectively. With the right chain trencher configuration, little effort is required to achieve a consistent digging depth.
Our consultants are happy to advise which trencher attachments are best suited to the digging conditions you will be working with therefore providing optimum results. Chain trenchers ensure efficient spoil movement, utilising the crumber bar and chain for a clean finish with no environmental repercussions.
Himacs Skid Steer Chain Trencher is a loyal work companion that is backed by an industry-leading 6-year warranty on gearbox components and a 3-year warranty on the hydraulic motor. For earthmoving attachments that wont let you down, think Himac.
Get in touch today on – or simply request a quick quote on this web page.
- Used for earth, rocky ground, asphalt, concrete and frozen ground
- Includes scraper / crumber bar
- Universal skid steer mount
- Manual side shift frame
You May Like: Blue Buffalo Flaked Cat Food
What You Stand To Gain By Using Earthmoving Warehouse
It’s no secret that heavy machinery such as a hydraulic trencher requires a substantial investment. However, when you choose to source your new equipment from a team such as Earthmoving Warehouse, you can trust in receiving the best possible prices on the market today. Combined with world-class customer service, we provide a valuable resource for trades of all kinds.
Explore more about these products now, and
Keep It In The Family With Cat Attachments
How can you choose the attachments that will help you get the most out of your machines? Nina Zeidan, Cat Attachments Product Advisor, has all the answers and explains why you should keep it in the family.
When youre working with a Compact Track Loader, how can you choose the attachments that will help you get the most out of your machines? Nina Zeidan, Cat Attachments Product Advisor at WesTrac, knows the answer to this question and its a simple one. For those using a Cat Compact Track Loader, Cat attachments are far and away the best choice.
Nina has been working with Cat products for around 10 years. In that time, shes seen leaps and bounds in improved functionality. The amount of versatile tools, how much technology has grown and how much investment has been made in bringing these attachments to the market… Its phenomenal, she says.
The more advanced Cat technology becomes, the easier it makes life for CTL operators, with costs reduced in terms of both time and labour. You dont need expert engineering or surveying knowledge, or an external operator to get the job done! Plus, all Cat attachments are specifically designed for Cat machines, ensuring maximum compatibility and efficiency. And with parts and product support readily available through WesTrac, you know youll always be covered.
Lets take a look at a few specific work tools and how they work when paired with a Cat 259D or Cat 239D.
You May Like: Swollen Cat Paw Limping
Toro Rt600 Riding Trencher
The Toro RT600 riding trencher is built to deliver smooth, consistent performance in tough digging conditions. The RT600 is the only trencher in its class that features the PowerTrench trencher drive, which incorporates a flywheel, torsion shaft and planetary gear-set design. The planetary gear-set multiplies the hydrostatic motor torque while the flywheel and torsion shaft design stores inertial energy, which is then released in tough conditions to deliver powerful and consistent trenching performance. The powerful Toro RT600 is equipped with a 65-hp Cummins B3.3 four-cylinder, liquid-cooled diesel engine.
Skid Steer Trencher Attachments
Our Skid Steer trenchers are engineered to meet and exceed OEM requirements and to be the most robust trenchers in the industry. McLarens skid steer trencher attachments are specifically designed for skid steers, track loaders, and mini excavators. McLaren Industries uses high quality hydraulic motors that allow flow rates of up to 35 gallons per minute. McLaren Skid Steer trenchers have the power you need to make sure the job gets done quickly. Our trencher is equipped with precision planetary gear drive with high quality hydraulic motor. Spring actuated bar and scoop pulls all the dirt our during the operation.
Digging a trench used to be one of the most strenuous jobs, but with our skid steer or mini excavator trencher attachment you can dig trenches quickly with a much smaller crew, saving you time and money. Useful in multiple applications such as drainage and irrigation, electrical cable, gas lines, water pipelines, hedge and tree planting. A skid steer trencher attachment is a great tool to have in many different fields. Our trenchers come equipped with high quality hoses and couplings and are ready to use on arrival to your door. No assembly is required.
Recommended Reading: Cat Touches Me With Paw
Choose The Right Model
- Light-to-medium trenching jobs: The LT112, LT113 and LT 213 deliver 2- to 3-foot dig depths. The LT112 and 113 feature manual side-shift for trenching close to buildings and other objects, while the LT213 may be equipped with optional hydraulic side-shift.
- Medium-to-heavy-duty trenching jobs: Ideal for utility installation, the LT313 delivers a 3- to 4- foot depth and the LT 414 delivers a 4- to 5-foot dig depth. The LT313 features manual side shift is standard and hydraulic side-shift is available. The LT414 features hydraulic side-shift as standard for trenching close to buildings and other objects. The LT414 is equipped with high-flow performance capabilities to harness the additional hydraulic horsepower capabilities of the machines equipped with high flow hydraulics.
- Heavy-duty trenching jobs: The LT405 delivers a 3- to 5-foot dig depth, and features hydraulic side-shift for trenching close to buildings and other objects. The LT405 is equipped with high-flow performance capabilities to harness the additional hydraulic horsepower capabilities of the machines equipped with high flow hydraulics. Dual augers move spoil away from the trench.
- Multiple Chain Styles Available: All trencher chains are double standard, anti-back flex to provide superior constant performance. Look at the options tab to see the multiple different chain configurations offered to suit your needs.
Buy From Stinger Attachments For Caterpillar Skid Steers
At Stinger Attachments, we make our products with high-grade steel to last through the toughest tasks. We provide a range of mounting options to fit your Cat skid steer, and our various attachment types can help you get any job done.
Explore our complete selection of products to find the right tool for your skid steer. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at your convenience.
Recommended Reading: How Many Ounces Of Food Should A Cat Eat
New Holland Trencher Attachments
New Holland Construction can meet all your attachment needs, whether it is for a skid steer loader, compact track loader or one of its other construction products. Specifically, New Holland Construction offers trenchers. Here are a few features: manual side-shift 2-in. pitch 50,000-lb anti-back flex chain for maximum performance and life high torque hydraulic motor maintenance-free sealed idler bearing low-profile dirt shield for improved operator visibility and much more. The trencher is available in both standard- and high-flow auxiliary hydraulic configurations. For tough conditions, a rock and frost chain 50/50 is available.
Other Services We Provide Aside From Trencher Options
At Earthmoving Warehouse, we’re proud to provide a reliable resource for those who want to invest in the Australian quality of Digga products. However, we offer much more beyond options for a trench digger in Brisbane. To provide our customers with a one-stop location for all their needs in various earthmoving applications, we also provide other services, such as:
- Drill boreholes to the correct depth and the right angle for the specific applications you require quickly and efficiently.
- Rock breakers. Make quick work of rocky terrain and soil with these solutions ideal for immediate adoption. Simply attach to your equipment and get to work.
- Spare parts and maintenance tools. We’re proud to support those who maintain their equipment on the job by delivering easier access to the parts, consumables, and other miscellaneous hardware you may need when engaged in heavy-duty earthmoving works.
Recommended Reading: Do Male Cats Have Weiners
Tips For Getting More Value Out Of A Trench Cutter Machine
Adding any new equipment to your pool requires careful consideration, but the need to derive value from your investment does not end after the first time you use a trench saw on the job. It is crucial to know what to do and how to care for your equipment to ensure that it lasts as long as possible. The key to unlocking a truly robust ROI is simple-do what it takes to allow your hardware to function at peak performance every time you fire it up. Here are some of our tips for doing just that.
- Engage in proper training to operate the machinery as close to specifications as possible. Whether you ask questions of our team or learn from the manufacturer, it’s crucial to take the time to know how to make this machine work for you, not against you. We’ve all had those challenging days on the job site where nothing seems to go right better training makes those days rarer.
- Keep your equipment clean. As hardy as today’s metals are, they’re still susceptible to corrosion at times, especially in Australia’s harsh conditions. After completing a day of trenching, be sure to wash equipment down and store it properly.
- Know when to service your digger regularly. Standard maintenance, from blade sharpening or replacement to gearbox lubrication, is essential for ensuring the long life of your equipment.