Which Types Of Cats Might Do Better With A Different Brand
On rare occasions, some cats might not enjoy the feeling of the pellets on their feet. It might not be the best material to attract them to their litter box. If that is the case, it can cause your cat to use the bathroom outside of the box.
Other systems use different textures of litter which might be more fitting for your cat. Similar litter box systems such as the Omega Paw Roll n Clean cat litter box may work better in these cases. Rather than using a pellet-based litter, you can use any silica or clumping litter of your choice.
An Overview On Litter Boxes
Theres nothing like snuggling up with your favorite feline after a long day. Cats are one of the most popular pets in the country. More than 36 million households have a feisty kitty in residence. Cats have a reputation for being harder to win over than dogs, but if you learn how to read them, theyll be crawling into your lap in no time.
Cats are very sensitive to their environments. Moves, new roommates or even a new piece of furniture can stress them out. One of the most important parts of your cats environment is the one thing wed like to hide away: the litter box.
Choosing the right litter box is essential for your cats health. Cats that are comfortable in their litter boxes are less likely to have accidents outside of the box. Plenty of people grab the cheapest litter box at the pet store and call it a day, but theres more to consider if you want a happy home for your feline.
First off, your cats litter box needs to be easy to get into. This might seem like a no-brainer, but different kitties have different priorities when it comes to litter box entry. Most cats are fine with an open-top box, like Petmates Open Litter Pan. However, older cats might need a little help getting in and out. Other models dip down at the entrance, so your cat can stroll inside instead of hopping into the box.
Who Should Buy This
If your cat uses their current litter box without a problem, and youre happy enough with how it looks and how easy it is to scoop and clean, then you dont need to buy a new one. But otherwise, consider finding a box that corrects any of your current litter boxs shortcomings. Most good litter boxes arent expensive or complicated, so theres no reason to live with one thats hard to clean, that your cat avoids using, or that allows your pet to kick up litter everywhere.
If your cat is having new problems with the existing litter box, the first thing you should do is head to the vet. Even common and simple ailments can make a cat skittish about using a litter box. Urinary tract infections that make peeing painful can cause cats to associate the litter box with pain. Problems with a cats paws or claws can make litter uncomfortable to stand on. Any sort of gastrointestinal issue can end up making a cat avoid the box in hopes of avoiding the problem.
Aging cats might not want to hop into a tall box like they once did.
Still, in some cases, the litter box itself can indeed be the culprit. Aging cats might not want to hop into a tall box like they once did. Or a young cat may have gotten startled while in a hooded box and now wants an open one so they can be aware of their surroundings. Our picks are all aimed at being the best boxes for the most cats and humans, so although theyre a good place to start, you should follow your cats preferences first.
You May Like: How Old Is A 7 Year Old Cat
Also Great: Litter Genie Cat Litter Box
*At the time of publishing, the price was $20.
Emptying out a dirty litter pan so you can give it a good scrub is a real pain. Dust clouds form, litter scatter gets everywhere , and the heavy pan is difficult to carry because there arent any handles to grip. The Litter Genie Cat Litter Box makes the process of deep-cleaning your cats bathroom easier because it has easy-to-grip carry handles and a seamless interior that cat scat wont cling to. It also has a large pan and the high-sided wall design we want in a litter box.
When you look at the Litter Genie, you might kick yourself for not thinking of designing it yourself. Its made of plastic, like any other litter box, but its shaped like a basket and has large carry handles that make gripping the sides easier. To empty the dirty pan, just lift it by the handles and dump the litter over a trash bin. We found this process to be virtually mess-free, compared with regular litter boxes, which require you to precariously tip out the dirty litter from a corner of the rectangular litter box before ultimately spilling mounds of dirty litter onto the floor. But as with all of the litter boxes we recommend, the plastic on the Litter Genie is somewhat bendable and could crack under too much pressure. Its best to avoid carrying the litter box over long distances when its full.
Which Items Are Included In Breeze Litter Box System
The Tidy Cat Breeze Litter system consists of three different parts:
- The middle part features a grated tray area which keeps the solids on top but allows the wet mess to trickle down.
This is where you add the pellets or litter. Purina Tidy Cat Breeze system comes with special low-dust natural zeolite pellets for you to add in this section.
- The part on the bottom is the sliding tray where you add the absorbent pads included in the system.
You place one pad in the bottom tray- soft side up.
These pads are disposable and their soft absorbent material soaks up the urine and minimizes ammonia smells.
You need to change these pads every week if you have one cat and 2-3 times a week if you have multiple cats.
- Both these parts can be connected together with a third part that goes on top and latches into place forming the walls of the litter system.
These high walls prevent urine splashes if you have a cat like mine that always ends up peeing outside low-walled boxes.
Tidy Cats Breeze Original Litter System Our Favorite
We love the Tidy Cat Breeze Original Litter System because it has all most cat owners need. Without any extra bells or whistles, it takes care of harsh odors and makes cleaning a breezeno pun intended. The dehydrating litter pellets are specifically designed to keep your kitties safe.
It has no harmful dust that can irritate your cats senses. It also reduces tracking, so theres no mess to clean up every time your cat walks out of the box. Underneath is a super absorbent pad for ultra odor control, keeping your home smelling fresh no matter when your cat uses the bathroom.
Your cats poop maintains form in the pellets while the urine trickles down to the pad, making it easy to sift. However, that might be better than picking up pellets off of your floor each time they go to the bathroom.
- Not necessary for all cats
Iris Jumbo Hooded Litter Box With Scoop Navy
- Jumbo cat litter box provides maximum space for your kitty
- Flap entry door keeps litter and spray contained as well as odor
- Handle and secure buckles on the lid for easy portability
- Quick access lift top allows for quick and easy cleaning
- Keep the scoop hidden and stored away with the scoop clip feature
Also Check: Umbrella Plant Poisonous To Dogs
Discussion Of The Primary Features
- Overall StructureThe box itself is incredibly durable and long-lasting. The entire design lessens the risk for messes to make the cleanup process simple. Each of the three systems is set up a bit differently, but overall, they have the same primary perks.
- Grated Floor DesignThe graded portion allows urine to filter through to the odor pad on the bottom. It keeps the top pellets in place, allowing feces to set without falling through.
- PelletsThe dehydrating pellets help to filter the urine while keeping the poop at the top setting is a breeze.
- Absorbent PadThe absorbent pad collects urine trapping the owner, so theres no extreme ammonia smells lingering in your house. It has built-in odor blockers to assist, too.
You will need to replace both the pellets and absorbent pads each time you need fresh supplies. This aspect might wrack up slightly higher costs than traditional litter box care, but its worth it when it comes to effectiveness.
30% OFF at Chewy.com
Customer Reviews And Q& a Terms And Conditions
You agree to not submit the following types of content or any content that violates these Terms and Conditions. Chewy reserves the right not to post any content, and the right to edit or delete any content, if it contains any of the following types of content or otherwise violates these Terms and Conditions:
- You are the sole author of the content and owner of all intellectual property and other rights in the content
- All “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you
- All content that you post is accurate
- You are at least 13 years old
- If you have a material connection to Chewy, that material connection is properly disclosed in the content in accordance with the FTC’s âGuides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertisingâ
- Use of the content you supply will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party or violate applicable law and
Read Also: How Long Do Domestic Shorthairs Live
Was It Easy To Transition Your Car From Normal Litter To This
Most cats need time to adjusts to the change in their litter. During the transition, please help your cat by observing the following: Do be patient. The Breeze litter box is very different from traditional litters, and some cats may take longer than others to make the switch. Don’t force your cat in…more to the Breeze litter box. Let her explore the new box on her own. It’s important that your cat chooses to use the new box on her own. Forcing her into the Breeze litter box could frighten her, and she may avoid using it altogether. Do set up your new Breeze litter box right next to your previous litter box. Putting your Breeze litter box in the same location helps to minimize the change your cat is experiencing. Don’t hover around the Breeze litter box. Give your cat a chance to explore it on her own. Even cats prefer a little privacy when they are doing their business.
By on Mar 24, 2019
I have 2 sister cats who were 9 when I decided to transition. I left old litter side by side w/new litter a solid 6 months to let them get used to it. They would pee but not poop in it for several months. Once I saw a solid month of pooping, I removed the old litter. That was a year+ ago. No problem…mores! FYI: I now have the hooded box & tried new multi cat pad recently. Had been using the Spring Fresh regular pad & change every 3 days. No issues.
By Times2 on Nov 29, 2019
6 images max, 5MB max per image
6 images max, 5MB max per image
Flaws But Not Dealbreakers
For every feature we like about this box, theres almost guaranteed to be a reviewer on Amazon or Chewy with a cat who feels the opposite. We think the boxs entry is low enough to allow easy access for most cats but still prevent them from peeing out the front. Yet some reviewers thought it was too low, saying their cats tracked litter or managed to pee out the front some others, conversely, said their cats had a hard time getting in and out because the entry was too high. Most of the Natures Miracle boxs features are a great compromise between the needs of cats and people, though, so we still think its the best option overall.
Recommended Reading: Short Haired Lps Cats
Petmate Basic Hooded Cat Litter Pan Blue And Silver Large 19 X 15 X 14
- COVERED LITTER BOX: The covered kitty litter pan helps reduce odors & features an odor-absorbing replaceable carbon filter that keeps homes smelling fresh. Made of durable non-toxic plastic. Large size: 19â x 15â x 14″
- GREAT DESIGN: The lowered entry point is perfect for kittens & senior cats. High walls, a hooded design & the raised back of the litter box prevents litter scatter & spray. Privacy door is removable. Uses Petmate Zeolite Charcoal Replacement Filters.
- PET CLEAN UP: Swiftly clean up after your cat while at home with a variety of waste management products. From waste bags, rakes & pans to poop scoopers, litter boxes & litter, we’ve got you & your pet covered.
- PETMATE: For over 50 years, we at Petmate are passionate about our dogs, cats & furry friends in general. Starting with the very first dog kennel, we’ve produced plenty of eco-friendly products that pets will love.
- JUST FOR PETS: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens & other small furry friends! Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm & Hammer, Booda, Chuckit!, Jackson Galaxy & more!
What Is The Best Litter Box On The Market
The best litter box is the Natures Miracle High Sided Litter Box. Its big enough for cats to turn around, squat, and stand comfortably, plus it has an open top so they can keep an eye on their surroundings. The low entryway makes it easier for cats, including older or less-mobile ones, to get in and out. The high sides and back help contain cat messes from urine overspray and litter spills. And the boxs smooth interior is easy to clean because it doesnt trap waste clumps.
You May Like: Compare Blue Cat Food
Why You Should Trust Us
As Wirecutters pets writer, I know feces happens. Poop, leavings, droppings, its all part of the gig. Over the past three years, Ive tested cat products with the aid of more than 100 different cats, and Ive interviewed dozens of pet experts about what makes cats tick. I can tell you why an automatic litter box is a bad idea, how to pick out the right cat litter mat for your cat, and all about the art of training your cat not to pee on your stuff. And as a lifelong pet owner, I know the value of finding the right accessories to make your pets life happier, and that includes the stinky box most house cats use.
This guide also builds on research by Mark Smirniotis, a cat owner and senior editor at Wirecutter. When he was a staff writer, he consulted Dan DQ Quagliozzi, the award-winning cat behavior consultant behind San Franciscos Go, Cat, Go!, and Tony Wang, of the San Diego Cat Café, on litter box issues. And he tested the litter box finalists with the cafes 12 resident cats.
What Do Customers Think Of The Tidy Cats Breeze Cat Litter Box System
Overall, the Tidy Cats Breeze Cat Litter Box System is a very popular product, having many good reviews on Amazon and Chewy. Roughly two-thirds of those are 5-star reviews, with a few negative reviews sprinkled in. This being said, every customers experience is unique, and there are both good and bad reviews for the brand online. Keep reading to see a positive and negative customer review for each of the three cat litter products featured above:
You May Like: Cat’s Paw Swollen
Where Is The Tidy Cats Breeze Cat Litter Box System Sold
The Tidy Cats Breeze Cat Litter Box System is available online and in some pet stores. You can purchase from major online retailers like Amazon and Chewy as well as the Purina website. You may be able to find the system for sale in big box stores like Walmart and Target as well as local and regional pet stores.
What Other Users Are Saying
Looking at the company website, of course, theyre going to talk their product up to get you to buy it. The reality about the product comes from real users who have trusted the brand for their cats. So what are other cat owners saying about the Tidy Cats Breeze Cat Litter System?
- Chewy If you are looking for a solution to a messy cat and litter everywhere and odor no matter what you do, this is it. Cleanup is so much easier, its so much CLEANER. Weve used this for about 6 weeks now and it has made such a difference. I hated the way litter smelled, hated that litter was always tracked everywhere despite a pad. This eliminated all of that. Definitely recommend!
While I can confirm that there was no urine odor, the product had other flaws and I ended up throwing it out and going to a regular box with regular unscented clumping litter and am much happier.
- AmazonWe always love to check out what Amazon users are saying about a product before we buy, especially when it comes to satisfying our especially picky felines!
You can read about.
Recommended Reading: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Indoor Cat Food