Blue Kitty Craving With Real Shrimp
Blue wilderness cat treats recall. Blue buffalo recalled for metal pieces choking hazard to dogs. Blue buffalo announced a limited recall of dog food due to excessive moisture levels and the consequent potential for mold contamination. Blue buffalo dog food reviews and recalls updated for 2019.
9/30/2020 · the products affected by this recall included all cans of blue buffalo blue dog food, all cans of blue buffalo blue spa select cat food, all blue buffalo blue dog treats, and blue buffalo blue spa select kitten dry food. Cups and blue wilderness trail trays 3.5 oz. Blue buffalo products are trendy in the pet food industry.
Is your brand on the list? It affected over 100,000 dogs and cats from coast to coast. In november 2015, blue buffalo issued a voluntary recall for one lot of cub size wilderness wild chews bones due to potential salmonella contamination.
That recall settled last february only to be followed by the batches of blue buffalo and blue wilderness tainted with toxic lead levels. Plus, historical recall info going back many years. Alert blue buffalo pet food recall chagrin falls veterinary.
This is no wonder, as the manufacturer places great emphasis on including premium ingredients in every recipe. Blue buffalo recalled numerous dog foods, cat foods, and treats. This is my detailed blue wilderness dog food review in 2021.
Dog food recalls list and updates 2010 2011. At the time of this recall, american nutrition, inc. Does blue wilderness make cats sick?
What Dog Food Has Been Recalled 2020
On October 8, 2020, Sunshine Mills expanded the recall to include the following products:
- Champ Mini Chunk Dog Food Beef and Chicken Flavor, 12 lb.
- Field Trial Complete Nutrition Premium Dog Food, 16 lb.
- Good Dog Brand Dog Food Hi-Energy Formula, 50 lb.
- Hunters Special Dog Food Hi Energy Formula, 50 lb.
Blue Wilderness Rocky Mountain
The manufacturer created this recipe with the wolves diet in mind. Thats why a lot of really delicious meat got into these foods. They also contain fruits and vegetables. Thus, there is no shortage of natural vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Dry options for Rocky Mountain
You May Like: Blue Buffalo Divine Delights Reviews
Blue Buffalo And Blue Wilderness Pet Foods Plagued By Years Of Recalls
We have had many pet owners inquire as to whether or not various batches of Blue Buffalo are still tainted with LEAD due to the ongoing Class Action Law Suit.
Truthfully Blue Buffalo and Blue Wilderness Pet Foods have been plaqued with an 8 Year Pet Food Recall -the biggest Pet Food Recall in the history of pet food. It affected over 100,000 dogs and cats from coast to coast.
That recall settled last February only to be followed by the batches of Blue Buffalo and Blue Wilderness tainted with toxic LEAD levels. In every case the company denied all allegations while helpless dogs and cats suffered with diseases ranging from vomiting and diarrhea to cancer. It seems clear that quality control, good health and wellness have obviously not been experienced by many pets being fed these foods.
In this veterinarians experience, if you feed you pet a food and/or give certain pet supplements and wonder if they are benefiting your pets health just take a good look at those 4 feet right in front of you.
Ask yourself these questions:
Is your pets skin and hair coat shiny, glistening and free of flakes and dander. Are your pets eyes bright?
Is your dog or cat filled with vim and vigor? Does your pet move freely and enjoy playtime.
Does your cherished companion urinate and defecate regularly.
Is your pets stool formed and homogeneous inconsistency?
Be sure to talk to your vet to help decide whats best for your pet.
Learn How To Choose A Quality Food
Choosing a quality food is as simple as reading labels!
It’s that easy. Do not consider a bag of food until you’ve read the ingredients. The ingredients must contain pure protein choices in the top three spots.
In a bag of Blue Wilderness Chicken Recipe, the first three ingredients are deboned chicken, chicken meal, and turkey meal. That’s a powerful punch of quality protein. You can read more about this brand here.
Nulo Medal Series Indoor Cat is another great choice. The top three ingredients are deboned trout, turkey meal, and chicken meal. Fatty acids top this list thanks to the trout.
In case, you haven’t heard aboutNom Nom yet, now is the best time to get to know them!
Nom Nom is a meal delivery service for your beloved pets. The company provides care-grade or restaurant-quality meals for your pets, which means that each dish they serve is made with quality, fresh, wholesome ingredients that is fit for your cats caloric needs.
The company is committed to deliver the best nutrition possible for your four-legged companion. They offer made-to-order recipes that is formulated by a board certified vetirinary nutritionist in the US, Dr. Justin Shmalberg. All meals have no fillers, by products or any artificial preservatives plus dont forget their door to door delivery service.
Also Check: Phoebe Cates Boutique
Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Natural Adult Dry Cat Food Chicken 12
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: Made to feed your felines wild side, this high protein cat food is packed with more of the chicken cats crave to help build and maintain lean muscle mass.
- GRAIN FREE CAT FOOD: BLUE Wilderness grain free adult cat food is made with healthy carbohydrates including sweet potatoes and peas to help fuel your cats active lifestyle. Plus, it contains omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health.Calorie Content: 3,832 Kcals/kg, 443 Kcals/cup
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUEs exclusive LifeSource Bits a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance.
- NATURAL CAT FOOD: BLUE dry cat food is formulated for the health and well-being of your adult cat and features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals. It never contains chicken by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Contains one 12-lb bag of BLUE Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food, Chicken. Healthy skin and coat
Blue Wilderness Recalls 2021
Please Read First: If this statement is still here we are actively watching for new recalls. Below you will find a history of recalls. If you would like to know as SOON as we find out about a recalls visit: and fill out our Recall Alert form. We will ONLY email this list in the event of an actual recall. Once we stop watching for Recalls I will remove this statement.
We also encourage everyone to bookmark the site for future reference.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Recall List:
- Blue Buffalo had a recall in October 2010 because of excess levels of Vitamin D in their foods. Levels were potentially toxic. Foods affected were Blue Wilderness Chicken, Blue Basics Salmon, and Blue Life Protection Large Breed Adult Chicken. A line of Blue Buffalos cat food was also affected by the 2007 pet food recalls.
Recommended Reading: Cat Shirt Ideas
False Advertising & Lying About Ingredients
Blue Buffalo has also been involved in some high profile lawsuits regarding false advertising of ingredients. Purina sued Blue Buffalo is 2014 claiming false advertising of pet food. Blue Buffalo was accursed of lying about its ingredients, specifically about not using chicken/poultry by-products.
Blue Buffalo later acknowledge that a substantial portion of Blue Buffalo pet foods contained poultry by-product meal despite advertisements claiming the contrary. The company paid a settlement fund of 32 million dollars.
Blue Buffalo claims that they did not intend to use poultry by-products. The inclusion of poultry by-products was the result of mislabeling by their ingredient supplier Diversified Ingredients Inc.
Blue Buffalo’s reputation has certainly taken a direct hit by these lawsuits. Well have to wait and see how Blue Buffalo continues moving forward. Hopefully they address the quality concerns of customers with actions rather than words.
Blue Buffalo Cat Treats Recalled
Blue Buffalo is recalling batches of its Blue Kitty Yums Chicken Recipe Cat Treats that may contain low levels of propylene glycol.
Propylene glycol is used as an additive for dog food under the category of animal feed but is prohibited in cat food.
Cats exposed to high doses of propylene glycol may exhibit signs of depression and may have a loss of coordination, muscle twitching, excessive urination and thirst, according to Blue Buffalo. The Wilton, Conn.-based company suggested contacting the vet if a cat has consumed the recalled product and has those symptoms.
The affected product was distributed nationwide in the U.S. and Canada through pet specialty stores and e-commerce.
The treats are packaged in a 2-ounce plastic pouch. The two batches being recalled have UPC codes and use-by dates as follows: UPC 859610007820, April 24, 2016 and UPC 859610007820, July 24, 2016.
Consumers who have purchased the product being recalled may return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Blue Buffalo at: 888-667-1508 during weekday business hours or by email at for more information.
PAWS Chicago and Pet Supplies Plus are doing their part for veterans this Veterans Day.
PAWS will waive adoption fees for all cats and dogs Wednesday, Veterans Day. All veterans have to do is present a VA card or DD-214 form at PAWS’ Highland Park or Lincoln Park adoption centers.
Rescues can get a break on pet food
The cost is $7 per case .
Don’t Miss: Cat Tail Fracture
Positive Blue Buffalo Cat Food Reviews
My several adopted feral cats have issues from their skin to digestive problems. After years of medical treatments and changes in food, I tried this product. No more skin issues and a significant change in digestive problems. It seems an additional benefit is the cats dont seem to want treats as often. Smoke on Chewy.com
Forget good manners! When Oliver, my Sovereign-State-with-a-Tail sniffs this dish coming his way, he casts aside his usual dignified demeanor and behaves more like a puppy than a ten-year-old feline! Ollie on Chewy.com
My cats both eat it and like both the Indoor Chicken dry food and the Freedom canned chicken. I noticed since switching from the former diet that their coats have improved, and there is a lot less sneezing and runny eyes after the change in diet. Shari824 on Chewy.com
Blue Wilderness Dry Cat Food
Blue wilderness cat food ratings. General mills cat food brands hopefully, by now youre seeing a trend. That recall settled last february only to be followed by the batches of blue buffalo and blue wilderness tainted with toxic. However, if you choose based on my list, you are sure to make a good decision.
We are going to take a look at the first five ingredients of blue wilderness dry cat food. Of course, there are other dog foods in this product line. We have major corporations that make junk food for humans.
Blue wilderness, blue freedom, and blue basics cat food are all hypoallergenic varieties. The company works with veterinarians and animal nutritionists to create wholesome pet foods that contain a blend of real meat, garden veggies, and whole grains for a balanced diet. Our blue buffalo cat food reviews.
Blue buffalo has six different cat food and kitten food lines. Blue buffalo cat food gets our highest rating of five stars. This recipe is the sole product in the blue wilderness product line.
This formula has a mixture of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that animal nutritionists and veterinarians have carefully selected to support your senior cats immune system. 4.8 out of 5 stars with 16 ratings. The protein in the foods predominantly comes from sweet potatoes and duck that has been deboned.
Blue wilderness dry cat food review. all cat products we found 11 items! Only the good stuff goes into this food.
URGENT Blue Buffalo Food Recall MUST READ Food
Don’t Miss: Blue Buffalo Cat Food Comparison
Is Blue Wilderness A Good Dog Food
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy Chicken Recipe is a low-priced dry dog food with overall average quality. This product has one controversial ingredient, but luckily no artificial preservatives, colors or flavors. The food has relatively well-balanced amounts of protein, fat and carbs and excellent meat and fat quality.
Blue Buffalo Offers A Wide Variety Of Foods
Regardless of whether you prefer to feed your cat wet food, dry food, or a mixture of both, Blue Buffalo has plenty of options for you to choose from. It has one of the most varied product lines of any manufacturer out there.
It also has a variety of lines for specific issues that your cat might be facing, including hairball management, aging, and weight control. Youll likely be able to find a recipe that can accommodate whatever youre trying to accomplish with your cats nutrition.
Also Check: Syngonium Toxic To Cats
Blue Buffalo Healthy Living Natural Adult Dry Cat Food Chicken & Brown Rice 15
- REAL MEAT FIRST: Blue Buffalo dry cat food always features real meat as the first ingredient. High-quality protein from real chicken helps your cat maintain strong muscles. Plus, it contains wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit.
- FOR ADULT CATS: BLUE Healthy Living Adult Cat Food contains high-quality protein and natural sources of fiber to help provide optimal nutrient absorption and digestive health. Plus, it contains omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to help promote a shiny coat and healthy skin.
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUEs exclusive LifeSource Bits a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists, to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance.
- NATURAL CAT FOOD: BLUE dry cat food is formulated for the health and well-being of your cat and features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals. It never contains chicken by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Contains one 15 lb. bag of BLUE Healthy Living Natural Adult Dry Cat Food, Chicken & Brown Rice
Which Types Of Cats Is Blue Buffalo Best Suited For
Its certainly not the most expensive food on the market, but Blue Buffalo finds itself on the higher end of the mass-market pet foods.
It can charge more money because it targets owners who care about their pets nutrition, even if it means paying more to do so.
That being said, there are definitely better foods out there they just happen to be harder to find and more expensive. As a result, Blue Buffalo offers a good mix of high-end nutrition and convenience for pet owners who want the best for their cat but are unwilling or unable to spend too much time giving it to them.
30% OFF at Chewy.com
You May Like: Bathing Cats With Dawn
What Type Of Cat Food Does Blue Buffalo Offer
Blue Buffalo offers a range of dry food, wet food, and treats that features real meat. They bring cat food for cats of all ages, from 1 month to 7+ years.
Their cat foods are high in protein and designed to meet wild lynxs evolutionary diet.
All their cat foods are separated into six product lines, including
- Blue for cats uses whole grains, garden veggies, fruits, and LifeSource Bits. The meals are enhanced with antioxidant-rich ingredients.
- Blue Freedom contains grain-free, naturally dry, and wet cat food for adult cats. There is no presence of gluten that can cause allergic reactions.
- Blue Basicsfeature healthy, holistic, limited-ingredient diet formulas. These cat foods are made with wheat, corn, dairy, soy, or eggs.
- Blue Wilderness is a grain-free and protein-rich cat food for delicious meat lovers.
- Blue Natural Veterinary Dietincludes natural and natural ingredients for your little furry member.
- Blue Carnivorafeatures high-protein animal sources, joint-nourishing cartilage, and nutrient-dense organs.
Blue Buffalo Dry Cat Food
Some cats just arent keen on wet cat food. Texturally sensitive kitties can be especially finicky when it comes to mealtime. But Blue Buffalo has as many dry cat food options for our feline friends who prefer crunchy kibble over mushy minced meats!
Read our in-depth review on Blue Buffalo Dry Cat Food.
While Blue Buffalo dry cat food originated with the signature Blue Life Protection line with recipes like Blue Indoor Health and Blue Hairball and Weight Control, the company has gone on to introduce dozens of new formulas and flavor combinations of dry cat food.
Dry cat food gets a bad rap for its high carbohydrate and low moisture content and its link to urinary tract conditions, but not all kibble is alike! Blue Buffalo makes sure of that, especially with their Wilderness, Carnivora, Basics Limited, and Freedom Grain-Free lines of dry cat food.
Blue Buffalos Wilderness dry cat food featuring meats like rabbit and duck are formulated for kittens, adult, and senior cats. Two protein-packed Wilderness options for adult cats are the Blue Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe line and new Wilderness recipes like Denali Dinner and Flatland Feast. Denali Dinner and Flatland Feast feature uncommon meat like deboned quail and halibut.
The Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe dry cat food is grain-free and contains no chicken. Instead, this high protein dry cat food features iron-rich and highly digestible animal proteins like venison, trout, bison, and lamb.
You May Like: What Is The Name Of Hp Lovecraft’s Cat
What Is The History Of Blue Buffalo Pet Foods
Blue Buffalo was founded in 2002 by Bill Bishop, and after building the business for 16 years eventually sold it to the current owners General Mills .
Blue was the familys favorite dog who died of cancer at the onset of the business. The dogs death inspired Bill to create a natural pet diet using high-quality ingredients that are safe and healthy for pets.
Blue Buffalo has employed 1500 plus food specialists, nutritionists, and veterinarians, to prepare the Buffalo pet foods in its US kitchens.
The company assures that all its Blue Buffalo Basics line of products are 100% manufactured in the United States and are grain-free. It operates as a subsidiary of the Blue Pets LLC.
Blue Buffalo cat food is some of the most popular cat food for the following reasons:
- They are reasonably affordable.
- Their recipes are prepared with quality real meat such as Chicken, Salmon, and Turkey.
- High-protein cat food varieties.
- Optimally balanced with fruits, vegetables, and vitamins.
- Has a limited ingredient line of products to cater for cats with sensitive stomachs and weight management.